26.9.07

Taco Soup for Rachel

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground meat
2 can diced rotel (1 original & 1 hot)
1 can red beans
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 bag corn chips
1 pkg. dry hidden valley ranch dip
1 onion
1 can navy beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can water
shredded cheese

Brown ground meat and onion. Add rotel, corn, and all cans of beans. Don't drain the cans. Add packages of ranch dip seasoning and water. Cook for 30 minutes. Top with corn chips and cheese. Don't add salt or pepper.

I changed this a bit because I couldn't find one of the cans of beans (beans were labeled red kidney beans - not both) so I added an extra can of corn instead (the best part!). We also did not top with cheese. I used an extra hot rotel instead of just hot and regretted it - it was too hot but still delicious. You might want to just put mild in there for your girls but the way it's listed above is the way they serve it at school. I absolutely LOVE this stuff! Now you have to send me your recipe!

No comments: